Rampage Jackson’s Son Assaults Wrestler: Viral Video and Reactions

alofoke
4 Min Read

A video that has gone viral shows the son of former UFC champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, delivering repeated blows to a professional wrestler apparently unconscious inside the ring. Raja Jackson, got into the ring and performed a “body-slam” on Stuart Smith, known professionally as Syko Stu, before hitting the wrestler at the KnokX Pro Wrestling Academy. The attack was widely spread online through a live broadcast on Saturday and shared on social media. According to the academy, Jackson assaulted Smith during a match, deviating from the established script to commit the aggression. Jackson threw at least 20 punches to the fighter’s head, who was apparently unconscious. Other fighters finally separated Jackson from Smith, and Jackson fled the academy, located in the Sun Valley neighborhood in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Police Department responded to the academy and is investigating the incident, according to TMZ reports. A spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for additional details. KnokX Pro Entertainment & Academy published a statement on its Facebook page condemning Jackson’s actions. The post indicated that they are “monitoring” Smith’s health.

What was supposed to be a planned and agreed-upon moment of struggle turned into an act of selfish and irresponsible violence against Mr. Smith. This heinous act is reprehensible and should never have happened. In the 17 years of operation of the KnokX Pro Wrestling Academy, something as atrocious as this has never happened and we apologize to our customers and fans.

KnokX Pro Entertainment & Academy
Smith has professionally presented himself as a U.S. military veteran who turned to wrestling as a tool to manage post-traumatic stress disorder. Raja Jackson, 25 years old, is also a mixed martial artist, losing his only professional fight in 2023. Rampage Jackson posted a statement on social media in which he stated that Smith is “awake and stable”.
https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?id=1959508304792633381
He also said the aggression was part of a previously planned performance that “went wrong” after Smith apparently angered Raja Jackson by unexpectedly hitting him in the head earlier in the day before the match. “A Raja was told he could ‘get revenge’ in the ring,” Rampage Jackson wrote. “I thought it was part of the show. It was bad judgment and a job gone wrong. Raja is an MMA fighter, not a professional wrestler, and he had no business being in an event like this. I do NOT condone my son’s actions AT ALL! He suffered a concussion from training just a few days ago and had no business doing anything remotely close to physical contact.” Rampage Jackson was UFC light heavyweight champion in 2007 and 2008, and fought for several MMA promotions until 2019. He has also worked as a professional wrestler and actor, highlighting his role as B.A. Baracus in the 2010 film reboot of “The A-Team”.
Share This Article