Brock Lesnar Shocks at SummerSlam with a Stunning Return
In an unexpected turn that shook the wrestling world, Brock Lesnar made his return to WWE at SummerSlam, marking his return to the ring after six months of absence. Lesnar’s appearance came after the main event of the second night of SummerSlam, held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Cody Rhodes, after an intense “street fight”, regained the Undisputed WWE Championship against John Cena. Cena, who has announced his retirement as an active wrestler, was alone in the center of the ring, receiving chants of gratitude from the fans. After kneeling and kissing the ground, Lesnar’s entrance music resonated in the stadium, unleashing euphoria among the audience. Lesnar entered the ring and applied his characteristic “F-5” to Cena, culminating the event. Lesnar, known for his successful career in collegiate amateur wrestling and the UFC, is most recognized for his multiple stints in WWE, where he has been a seven-time world champion, nicknamed “The Beast Incarnate”. Lesnar’s reappearance comes after being mentioned in a lawsuit filed against the company and former executive Vince McMahon. In a court document dated January 31, Janel Grant, a former WWE employee, officially identified Lesnar in relation to the lawsuit filed against WWE and McMahon in January 2024. In the original complaint, a star wrestler was mentioned, but Lesnar’s name was not provided. Lesnar is not a defendant in the lawsuit. In a statement issued by McMahon’s attorney at the time, the amended lawsuit was called a “publicity stunt.”Grant, who worked in the company’s legal and talent departments, alleges that McMahon forced her to have a sexual relationship to keep her job. In addition, she alleges that McMahon demanded that she create “personalized sexual content” for Lesnar in July 2021, at a time when McMahon was trying to keep Lesnar under contract with WWE. She also alleges that McMahon sent Lesnar to Connecticut in 2021 for a sexual encounter, which ultimately did not materialize. McMahon resigned in January 2024 as executive chairman of the board of directors of TKO Group, the parent company of WWE, after Grant’s lawsuit was filed. WWE has avoided commenting on the ongoing litigation. At SummerSlam there were no press conferences, as WWE opted for its wrestlers to speak exclusively on the post-event show. Paul Levesque, WWE’s Chief Content Officer, known as Triple H during his time as a wrestler, was not questioned about the lawsuit on Sunday night, but he did address Lesnar’s return.“As expected, the proposed amended complaint is nothing more than the latest publicity stunt in an ongoing smear campaign,” McMahon’s attorney, Jessica Rosenberg, said in the statement. “It is filled with desperate falsehoods from a team that continues to ignore the law and the truth.”
Jessica Rosenberg, McMahon’s attorney
Levesque discussed the accusations against McMahon on the UK-based podcast “The Sports Agents”, which was published on Friday.“If there had been a roof on this place, it wouldn’t be here anymore. The dynamic in the room changes when the Beast is here,” said Levesque. “Anything you thought was happening, somehow disappears. The Brock factor changes everything incredibly and makes it unpredictable. It’s incredible to have him back.”
Paul Levesque, WWE Chief Content Officer
“My job is to present the best creative product that WWE can make. Fortunately and happily, it has been successful. The business is in a good moment right now and continues to grow.”“All we can do is move forward, for us as a company and creatively,” Levesque said. “The accusations are accusations, right? It’s a complicated relationship for anyone in life. Nobody’s perfect. But accusations are made and that’s something totally legal and apart from what we do.”
Paul Levesque, WWE’s Chief Content Officer