{"id":21267,"date":"2025-08-03T05:28:42","date_gmt":"2025-08-03T09:28:42","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/sin-categoria\/laurinaitis-ex-wwe-will-cooperate-with-accuser-in-lawsuit-against-mcmahon-details\/"},"modified":"2025-08-03T05:28:42","modified_gmt":"2025-08-03T09:28:42","slug":"laurinaitis-ex-wwe-will-cooperate-with-accuser-in-lawsuit-against-mcmahon-details","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wwe\/laurinaitis-ex-wwe-will-cooperate-with-accuser-in-lawsuit-against-mcmahon-details\/","title":{"rendered":"Laurinaitis, ex-WWE, will cooperate with accuser in lawsuit against McMahon: Details"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<h2 class=\"wp-block-heading\">Confidential Agreement in Case of Sexual Abuse in WWE<\/h2>\n\n\nA former WWE executive, involved in sexual abuse allegations filed by a former employee, has reached a confidential settlement. This agreement implies that the executive will now collaborate with the plaintiff in her litigation against the company and former leader Vince McMahon, according to representatives and lawyers on Wednesday.\n\nJohn Laurinaitis, former WWE head of talent relations, known in the ring as Johnny Ace, will assist Janel Grant in her lawsuit against McMahon and the wrestling entertainment company. Grant&#8217;s representatives and Laurinaitis&#8217;s lawyer, Edward Brennan, confirmed the settlement and cooperation agreement, indicating that Laurinaitis possesses &#8220;evidence&#8221; against McMahon and the company, although they did not specify its nature.\n\n\n<blockquote class=\"wp-block-quote is-layout-flow wp-block-quote-is-layout-flow\">\n\n<p>&#8220;Their confidential settlement agreement is a critical step in holding McMahon and WWE accountable and bringing justice to Ms. Grant after years of sexual abuse and trafficking,&#8221; Grant and Laurinaitis&#8217; representatives said in a joint statement. &#8220;Mr. Laurinaitis looks forward to moving on with his life. We cannot provide additional details at this time.&#8221;<\/p>\n\n<cite>Grant and Laurinaitis Representatives<\/cite>\n<\/blockquote>\n\n\nA court document filed on Wednesday reveals that Grant and Laurinaitis agreed to dismiss the allegations in the lawsuit against Laurinaitis, but the allegations against WWE and McMahon persist.\n\nJessica Rosenberg, McMahon&#8217;s lawyer, issued a statement in response.\n\n\n<blockquote class=\"wp-block-quote is-layout-flow wp-block-quote-is-layout-flow\">\n\n<p>&#8220;The dismissal of John Laurinaitis as a defendant does not alter the facts of this case in any way. Vince McMahon never mistreated Janel Grant,&#8221; Rosenberg stated. &#8220;No matter how many press releases his team issues, the truth remains the same.&#8221;<\/p>\n\n<cite>Jessica Rosenberg, McMahon&#8217;s lawyer<\/cite>\n<\/blockquote>\n\n\nRosenberg added that a lawyer for Laurinaitis had previously stated that the lawsuit&#8217;s allegations were unfounded.\n\nWWE representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.\n\nGrant sued WWE, McMahon, and Laurinaitis last year in a federal court in Connecticut, where the company is headquartered in Stamford. In graphic detail, she alleges that McMahon forced her to perform sexual acts with him, Laurinaitis, and others, and claims that both men sexually assaulted her. She says she was forced to perform humiliating acts during the encounters. The lawsuit also includes photos of text messages of a sexual nature that McMahon allegedly sent to Grant.\n\nMcMahon, former WWE CEO and chairman, has denied Grant&#8217;s accusations. Previously, he stated that the lawsuit is &#8220;rife with lies, fabricated obscene instances that never occurred, and is a vindictive distortion of the truth. I intend to vigorously defend myself against these unfounded accusations and hope to clear my name.&#8221; His lawyers said in court documents that he had a consensual relationship with Grant and never mistreated her.\n\nGrant began working for WWE in 2019 as an entry-level employee in its legal department, a job arranged by McMahon, and then moved to the talent relations department, where Laurinaitis was her boss.\n\nShe has said that she was finally pressured to leave her job at WWE and sign a $3 million non-disclosure agreement. The lawsuit seeks to have the agreement declared invalid, arguing that McMahon breached the agreement by giving her $1 million and not paying the rest.\n\nCurrently, McMahon, WWE, and Laurinaitis&#8217; motions to move all claims to arbitration are pending in the lawsuit. They argued that the lawsuit should not be allowed because Grant agreed to resolve any disputes in arbitration as part of his confidentiality agreement.\n\nMcMahon resigned from WWE&#8217;s parent company in January 2024 after Grant filed his lawsuit. At that time, McMahon resigned from his position as executive chairman of the board of directors of TKO Group Holdings, WWE&#8217;s parent company.\n\nHe also resigned as WWE CEO in 2022 amid a company investigation into allegations that match those in Grant&#8217;s lawsuit.","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>Confidential Agreement in Case of Sexual Abuse in WWE A former WWE executive, involved in sexual abuse allegations filed by a former employee, has reached a confidential settlement. This agreement implies that the executive will now collaborate with the plaintiff in her litigation against the company and former leader Vince McMahon, according to representatives and [&hellip;]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":21268,"comment_status":"open","ping_status":"open","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":""},"categories":[44],"tags":[241,3049,488,191],"class_list":{"0":"post-21267","1":"post","2":"type-post","3":"status-publish","4":"format-standard","5":"has-post-thumbnail","7":"category-wwe","8":"tag-lawsuit","9":"tag-sexual-abuse","10":"tag-vince-mcmahon","11":"tag-wwe"},"amp_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/21267","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=21267"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/21267\/revisions"}],"wp:featuredmedia":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media\/21268"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=21267"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=21267"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/alofokedeportes.com\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=21267"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}